This well known global private bank with a significant presence in the principality of Liechtenstein. In response to the increasing international regulatory focus upon private banking and assets held in tax efficient jurisdictions, the bank is keen to boost its Compliance function in a number ways. One if the decision to hire a Due Diligence specialist to manage the client on boarding and asset identification activities of the bank. This it is hoped will help the bank meet its obligations locally in managing perceived jurisdiction risk.
The Compliance Due Diligence Analyst reports directly to the global head of Compliance and to the senior management of the bank. Their overall remit is to protect the banks business from fraudulent activities
, ensure all assets held are verified, ensure all clients meet the banks own strict guidelines, current Liechtenstein regulations and internationally perceived banking compliance norms and guidelines. This can be split down into a number of core responsibilities, tasks and regular duties, which are:
- Apply full anti money laundering checks, assessments and reviews on clients and their activities with the bank.
- Providing full transparency and reporting to the principalities financial crimes unit: the Stabsstelle Financial Intelligence Unit.
- Working in concert with both Liechtenstein's and intentional courts, regulators and other authorized bodies in executing court decisions concerning the banks clients and their assets held by the bank. This can and will include account freezes, closing of accounts, withdraw of credit facilities and supplying documentation and other information as and where required.
- Profiling clients and potential customers by both the standard KYC framework and the banks own more stringent criteria. Monitoring this on a ongoing basis and compiling reports and intelligence for internal consumption on client activities.
- Analyze specific transactions and investigate suspicious ones according to the banks "Geschaftsbahnungen" guidelines. This also includes completing and meeting agreed international guidelines like filling in suspicious activity reports
on certain events / transactions. Manage and escalate to senior management as and when required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leading the banks internal education program around anti money laundering, KYC and due diligence to ensure that all staff are aware of their obligations to the bank, to Liechtenstein, to themselves and to their clients.
- Conduct regular reviews, stress testing and analysis upon all the banks customer due diligence processing. The bank has set aside a budget to allow the Compliance Due Diligence Analyst to employ outside consultants and experts to validate these processes whilst posing as new customers etc. The senior management expects this to be co-ordinated and reported upon on a regular basis.
- Where needed the Compliance Due Diligence Analyst will lead the development, evolution of the due diligence processes, documentations, forms and internal / external instructions. They can expect to also access the banks key partners and intermediaries for their compliance with the banks own policies.
To be considered for the Compliance Due Diligence Analyst role you should be an experienced (at least three years prior experience) compliance professional with hands on experience of banking due diligence, anti money laundering work and KYC at another bank, which handles high net worth clients and their varied assets.
You will speak fluent English and be a skilled process engineer, communicator and focused individual.
The bank offers the successful applicant a great basic salary, a performance related bonus, full benefits and the opportunity to live in the clean, relatively crime free Alpine state of Liechtenstein. To apply click on the button above.