This well established firm of wealth managers, based in several geographies, are interested in appointing a new Legal and Compliance Manager. This role is based from their offshore head office in Douglas, the Isle of Man, where they conduct their core wealth management activities, particularly the provision of complex offshore tax efficient structures on behalf of a diverse client base made up of other financial institutions and private investors.
Reporting to the Director of Fiduciary Services, the Legal and Compliance Managers main duty revolves around the overseeing the compliance team in the Isle of Man and providing higher level technical support to the Compliance Office
. This team has a cross geography remit, taking in over 35 countries and a customer facing team of client advisers in excess of one hundred.
Should your application be successful to the Legal and Compliance Manager vacancy you will in effect be the prime point of contact for the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission and other international regulatory bodies, with overall responsibility for filing tax and compliance deadlines and building a successful ongoing relationship with them.
In addition to the compliance and regulatory responsibilities, there will be a more commercial aspect to this well paid Isle of Man job whereby you will be providing legal guidance and technical assistance to all internal staff and selected clients for various day to day company and trust related matters. It is also expected you will act as legal counsel to the board of directors in respect of legal and compliance issues that will arise during the conduct of normal business across all the Groups offices.
As you would expect with such a business critical senior executive role the client has specifically requested that all applicants should be:
- From a UK or Isle of Man qualified lawyer with several years post qualification commercial experience
, as well as at least five years direct experience of compliance and regulation within a fiduciary services environment.
- It is expected the successful applicant will be fully conversant with all relevant aspects of the Isle of Man Financial Services Act 2008 and its associated Rule Book as well as all major Anti Money Laundering legislation.
- An appropriate qualification in the field of compliance would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of regulatory regimes in other jurisdictions would be useful as the role will include some responsibility for overseeing and providing guidance on compliance and regulatory matters to other Group offices, in particular the British Virgin Islands, the Channel Islands, Gibraltar and the United Kingdom.
- Lastly you will display the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation to their business in a practical and consistent manner is essential â you can expect to have to demonstrate such at interview.
As a vital appointment and a senior executive position the Legal and Compliance Manager is an extremely well paid opportunity. There is a generous basic salary and a performance related bonus. Also as one would expect from such a company there is an excellent package of tax efficient benefits.
To apply simply press the button to the top right of this job description and follow the simple steps listed.