This large Malta based niche insurance provider is looking to add a Motor Claims Specialist to join its vibrant Valleta based practice.
The Motor Claims Specialist is charged with handling, managing and controlling insurance claims from various motor policies
. The role will involve the analysis and investigation of all claims, which will include a substantial amount of data gathering and client interviewing. It will also entail the negotiation and settlement of claims with other insurance providers. The firm has a series of fixed service levels that are mandated internally, a number of best practice guidelines and set policy terms – all of which will guide how you offer the service to customers and resolve third party matters.
The client base is about 25% Malta based with the majority of clients being within the EU, particularly the UK and Ireland.
To be successful as the Motor Claims Specialist it is essential that you provide a client focused, efficient and cost driven service
, geared around the handling of your claims in a prompt, efficient manner. It will be necessary to take a pro active approach that takes into account customer concerns, whilst at all times working within internal and external regulations. This pro active attitude will also be essential in dealing effectively with claimants. Combined with this overall remit the Motor Claims Specialist will also:
- Meet business unit targets and contribute to team performance.
- Promote and actively use best practices and compliance guidelines to shape the quality level of their work. Make sure you are aware of any tailored practices for corporate clients.
- Create, manage and maintain relationships with all clients and colleagues. This can and will include other brokers, claimants and corporate customers. Always ensure the company is viewed in a favourable light and the service offered is appreciated.
- Take ownership of your own personnel development by using the wealth of career development and training courses that are on offer.
- Make sure all compliance and regulatory frameworks are adhered to.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the fraud screening process is effective and all necessary escalation steps are taken as and when required.
Should you wish to be considered for the Motor Claims Specialist you fit the following profile:
- At least two years experience in handling motor insurance claims or even motor insurance underwriting.
- Have at least a higher secondary school education, including qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have the interpersonal skills to take a pro-active approach to motor claims handling, all the while making the client feel appreciated and also valued.
- You will hold an insurance qualification or be working towards one.
- Outstanding call handling abilities so that you come across as a confident communicator who can remain patient and focused whilst imparting complex information.
- Be able to show a high level of understanding of claims procedures, products and services
Needless to say the Motor Claims Specialist is a business critical appointment for this insurer as it directly impacts their core business. As such they desire to attract a skilled, experienced motor claims specialist, and are comfortable paying what it will take to attract the best.
To apply click on the “add application” box above and follow the simple steps outlined to you.