This leading global wealth management practice is urgently seeking to recruit a Trust Accountant to work out of its Isle of Man head quarters.
Working with in the central Trust & Corporate Services department the Trust Accountant is tasked with assisting in the completion of financial accounts for all client entities in accordance with accounting standards and the completion of UK tax returns for companies / trusts.
Within this core responsibility you can expect to fulfil many accountabilities and duties:
- Completion of financial accounts for allocated portfolio including completion of tax returns and computations where appropriate.
- Ensuring that service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Management of internal relationships to ensure timely production of accounts.
- Provide support to Client Administrators on accounting and taxation issues.
- Liaising with client entity auditors where applicable.
- Responsibility for ensuring sign off accounts and distribution.
- Using judgment to highlight and report significant matters that require attention by senior management on the Board.
- Review and sign off financial statements prepared by other client accountants
To be considered for the Trust Accountant vacancy you will be able to combine a first rate knowledge of Trust & Company accounting with an understanding of Corporate and Trust structures.
You will be able to provide your designated clients with accurate advice upon the statutory requirements for Trust and Companies and the tax implications in such structures.
You will have a good awareness of anti-money laundering, CSP, TSP and other compliance legislation.
In terms of experience you will have at least three years in a Fiduciary services provider environment, preferably offshore. Finally you will be a qualified accountant – holding a relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA.
The Trust Accountant is a strategic appointment for this client and as such commands a great salary, benefits package and the opportunity to draw into the company bonus pool.